July 31, 2020 – Morris Animal Foundation is kicking off its fourth annual National Dog Day campaign to raise funds for canine health research, helping dogs everywhere have healthier lives.
Make your gift today to support the critical dog health studies our funded researchers are working on right now, including:
- A heartworm vaccine that will protect against multiple strains
- A rapid bedside test to quickly assess the severity of neural injuries to better inform treatment decisions
- Novel therapy for recurrent and multi-drug resistant urinary tract infections
- Much needed research tools to help study and find solutions for dilated cardiomyopathy, a common cause of heart failure
- Medications for fungal diseases
- An imaging method to help diagnose the spread of cancer to lymph nodes in malignant head and neck tumors
- Two new promising drugs to treat aggressive cancers
- Improved anesthesia for severely ill patients with intracranial disease, including brain cancers
- A new heart drug to help improve survival of critically ill dogs requiring urgent care for heart failure
Golden Retriever Lifetime Study
And, let’s not forget the Morris Animal Foundation Golden Retriever Lifetime Study. Now entering its ninth year of collecting health and lifestyle data on 3,000+ dogs, we are starting to learn more about risk factors for cancer and other diseases in dogs.
The Foundation is sharing data and samples from the Study with investigators around the world to expand research discovery opportunities, and speed up the pace of research. This groundbreaking study will be a valuable resource for canine health studies for decades to come.
Your Gift Means So Much
Join us and celebrate National Dog Day (August 26) all month long by taking the opportunity to invest in your dog’s health with a gift to support canine research at Morris Animal Foundation.! Every pet owner wants more quality time with their dogs and we are here, with your help, to make that happen.