January 27, 2023 – Learn about the cat and dog studies we are funding in 2023 and why.
- Learn more about how intestinal cells become cancerous.
- Evaluate steroid pills, chemotherapy or a combination for treating low-grade lymphoma.
- Identify new therapeutic targets for oral squamous cell carcinoma.
- Conduct clinical trial to assess novel stereotactic radiation therapy.
- Develop an oral vaccine for sterilization of male cats.
- Assess a novel, nonsurgical sterilization method for female cats.
- Study biomarkers, brain abnormalities and behavioral changes.
- Investigate the genetic basis for painful tooth absorption.
- Collect health data on outdoor/indoor cats to inform owner educational materials.
Feline Infectious Peritonitis
- Begin development of a messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine.
- Investigate novel prevention strategies and treatments.
- Conduct clinical trial to assess effectiveness of a new adjunct topical treatment.
- Test the effectiveness and safety of a new antibiotic.
- Explore possible links between heavy metal exposures and cognitive decline.
- Improve early diagnosis and develop genetic screening tests for Doberman pinschers, a high-risk breed.
- Understand influence of white blood cell mutations on aging, inflammation and disease.
- Target frailty with exercise to improve quality and length of life.
- Evaluate if new targeted therapies can slow DNA changes associated with aging.
- Study new immunotherapy approaches for osteosarcoma in giant-breed dogs.
- Uncover the genetic basis of subvalvular aortic stenosis in Newfoundland dogs.
- Develop new non-food reward training practices for working guide dogs to reduce obesity.
- Investigate if beta-blocking drugs can lower risk of developing cancer.
- Explore early detection testing method.