DENVER/May 13, 2019 – Morris Animal Foundation, a leader in advancing animal health, is proud to announce it received 11 Hermes Creative Awards, including three Platinum and five Gold winners. The Hermes Creative Awards are an international competition for creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional materials, marketing and communication programs, and emerging technologies.
“We are extremely proud of this recognition for the work we’ve done to connect with our audiences over the last year,” said Carol Borchert, Vice President of Marketing and Brand Strategy at Morris Animal Foundation. “These award-winning projects reflect our commitment to the success of the Foundation’s mission of bridging science and resources to advance the health of animals. Innovative and effective communication and engagement with our friends, donors, partners and animal lovers everywhere is critical to that endeavor.”
Morris Animal Foundation, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, is one of the largest nonprofit foundations in the world dedicated to funding studies to improve and protect the health of companion animals and wildlife. During the last 70 years, the Foundation has invested $126 million toward more than 2,600 studies that have led to significant breakthroughs in diagnostics, treatments and disease prevention to benefit animals worldwide.
The Hermes Creative Awards are administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals. The 20-year-old competition has grown into one of the largest of its kind in the world, with more than 6,000 entries from throughout the United States, Canada and dozens of other countries.
Morris Animal Foundation received Hermes Creative Awards for:
• Media Relations/Online Placement – “Mockingbirds Show Heightened Aggression After Lead Exposure”
• Print Media/Marketing Materials – Morris Animal Foundation Identity Suite
• Media Relations/Online Placement – “Hookworms Employ Live Fast/Die Young Strategy in Fur Seal Pup Hosts”
• Electronic Media/E-Newsletter – Fresh Scoop
• Media Relations/Online Placement – “Morris Animal Foundation-Funded Study Shows Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals Linked to Equine Metabolic Syndrome”
• Electronic Media/E-Newsletter – AnimalNEWS Tips & Tails
• Website/Nonprofit – Morris Animal Foundation Website
• Print Media/Magazine Advertising – 2018 Colorado Ballet Campaign
• Email Blast – National Cat Day
• Print Media/Design – Morris Animal Foundation Brochure
• Print Media/Advertising Campaign – Happy Animals Campaign
The Foundation won two of its three Platinum awards for press releases about studies the Foundation funded, which examined negative influences on species from factors in their environments.
The third Platinum award was given for the Foundation’s identify suite, which was updated in 2017 and uses new colors, fonts, iconography, photography, clean lines and messaging to communicate more clearly with audiences.
The Foundation received a pair of Gold awards for its new e-newsletters, AnimalNEWS Tips & Tails and Fresh Scoop. Both are mobile-optimized and feature vibrant colors. Fresh Scoop is for “veterinarians & other smart people” to learn about Foundation-funded research findings. AnimalNEWS Tips & Tails is for donors and supporters to get up-to-date research findings, healthy animal tips and giving opportunities.
Gold awards also were won for the design of the Foundation’s new website, its 2018 Colorado Ballet advertising campaign and a press release about harmful chemicals in equine habitats.
About Morris Animal Foundation
Morris Animal Foundation’s mission is to bridge science and resources to advance the health of animals. Founded by a veterinarian in 1948, we fund and conduct critical health studies for the benefit of all animals. Learn more at morrisanimalfoundation.org