DENVER/July 8, 2021 – Morris Animal Foundation, one of the largest nonprofits funding animal health studies globally, welcomed six new members to its Board of Trustees during the organization’s annual meeting on June 18.
“We are very pleased to welcome these six new members to our family, as each one brings a unique skill set and a true love of animals,” said Tiffany Grunert, President and CEO of Morris Animal Foundation. “From finance and nutrition to scientific research and veterinary care, they will bring valuable experience to lead us in our mission to give animals everywhere longer, healthier lives.”
The new trustees are:
- Dr. Faz Bashi is a Venture Lead at Portfolia FemTech Fund, as well as the President/CEO of Anubis Bio Corporation. The latter is a company committed to enhancing pet health using natural food products that support digestive health and normal intestinal function. Bashi is associated with multiple venture associations, including Angel Capital Association.
- Dr. Adam Boyko is an Associate Professor in Biomedical Sciences at the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine and co-founder of Embark Veterinary. His research is focused on the genomic investigation of dogs and has addressed fundamental questions of dog evolution and history, disease and trait mapping, and advancing genomic tools for canine research.
- Dr. Robin Downing is the founder, owner and hospital director at the Downing Center for Animal Pain Management LLC., Northern Colorado’s first comprehensive pain prevention and management practice for pets. She is a board-certified specialist in canine rehabilitation who strives to bring “broken” pets back to optimal function.
- Dr. Allan Goldberg is a trained internist and nephrologist who spent most of his career at Merck & Co. Inc. There he was involved in cardiovascular research and, most recently, was the Lead of Advocacy and Professional Affairs in the company’s U.S. Medical Affairs department, retiring in 2016. He serves or has served on many other boards, including the American National Red Cross, Physicians for Peace (global health), Creative Testing Solutions (blood testing post- donation), and New Leash on Life USA (a recidivism reduction program dedicated to saving at-risk dogs and improving the lives of vulnerable people).
- Leah Lambrakis is the Vice President of Research & Development, Nutrition and Scientific Affairs at Simmons Pet Food, where she leads a team of scientists across the company’s wet and dry pet food and pet treats divisions. In her more than 20-year career, she has developed deep knowledge in the science of pet food. Lambrakis has a lifelong passion for nutrition, health and wellness, innovation and consumer insights for pets and pet parents.
- Dr. Anita Migday is the owner and hospital director of Slade Veterinary Hospital Inc., in Framingham, Massachusetts. The facility has been recognized for high standards of excellence through accreditation by the American Animal Hospital Association since 1985. She was President of NEADS, World Class Service Dogs and served as a member of the Board of Directors for over 30 years. She is also Past-President of the Theriogenology Foundation, a nonprofit veterinary organization dedicated to advancing reproductive medicine for all species.
About Morris Animal Foundation
Morris Animal Foundation’s mission is to bridge science and resources to advance the health of animals. Headquartered in Denver, and founded in 1948, it is one of the largest nonprofit animal health research organizations in the world, funding more than $136 million in critical studies across a broad range of species. Learn more at morrisanimalfoundation.org.