DENVER/Sept. 13, 2023 — Morris Animal Foundation announced a new call for research proposals centered on the health of animals inhabiting sagebrush and grassland ecosystems.
Sagebrush ecosystems can be found in arid and semiarid conditions throughout the intermountain west of North America. Grassland ecosystems span all continents except Antarctica and include areas such as savannas, prairies, steppes and Pampas.
This call for proposals encompasses two award types:
- Established Investigator: awards designed for researchers with a track record of expertise demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications
- Pilot Study: awards designed to fund proof-of-concept studies within the realm of animal health research
All applicants must convince the scientific and animal welfare reviewers that they clearly understand the health problem, possess sufficient expertise to conduct the study, can implement a scientifically sound approach, and consider the overall environmental impact of their research.
Interested researchers can find more information, including proposal documents, on the Foundation’s Grants page. Proposals are due by 4:59 p.m. ET, Nov. 29, 2023.
Scientific Advisory Board
- Norma Rocio Forero Muñoz, DVM, PhD candidate, Université de Montréal
- April Davis, DVM, PhD , New York State Dept of Health
- Takele Taye Desta, PhD , Kotebe University- Ethiopia
- Christine Fiorello, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACZM, Hawks Aloft
- Karen Terio, DVM, PhD, DACVP , University of Illinois
- Jamie Nogle , Mule Deer Foundation
- James Watuwa, BVM, MSc, Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Center
- Matt Allendar, DVM, PhD, DACZM, University of Illinois
- Jacquelyn Grace, PhD , Texas A&M
- Anne Justice-Allen, D.V.M., M.S., Arizona Game and Fish Department
About Morris Animal Foundation
Morris Animal Foundation’s mission is to bridge science and resources to advance the health of animals. Founded in 1948 and headquartered in Denver, it is one of the largest nonprofit animal health research organizations in the world, funding nearly $160 million in more than 3,000 critical animal health studies to date across a broad range of species. Learn more at morrisanimalfoundation.org.
Media Contact: Annie Mehl