Foundation Announces New Clinical Veterinary Advisory Board
DENVER/Dec. 28 – Morris Animal Foundation has announced the establishment of its first Clinical Veterinary Advisory Board. Members of the board will help the Foundation better understand the needs of practicing clinicians with regard to veterinary medical research, and provide guidance on the tools needed to provide practicing veterinary professionals improved access to breakthroughs in veterinary medicine that advance animal care.
“Morris Animal Foundation, and other animal-focused research institutions, are generating innovations in veterinary care that are important to today’s practicing veterinarians,” said Dr. Barbara Wolfe, the Foundation’s Chief Scientific Officer. “The Clinical Veterinary Advisory Board will help us ensure knowledge of those advances makes its way to veterinarians in a timely and easy way.”
Board members come from a diverse set of specialties, as well as general practice, reflecting the scope of veterinary medical research discoveries with potential to impact day-to-day practice.
2016/2017 Clinical Veterinary Advisory Board Members
- Aime Johnson, DVM, DACT; Auburn University, AL (theriogenology)
- Ellen Behrend, VMD, PhD, DACVIM; Auburn University, AL (small animal internal medicine)
- Jan Ramer, DVM, DACZM; the Wilds, Cumberland, OH (zoo medicine)
- Jennifer Langan, DVM, DACZM, DECZM; University of Illinois CVM/Chicago Zoological Society, Brookfield, IL (zoo medicine)
- Kathleen Mullen, DVM, MS, DACVIM; Littleton Equine Medical Center, Littleton, CO (internal medicine)
- Lori Ramig, MBA; BluePearl Veterinary Partners, Franklin, TN (hospital administrator)
- Matt McCormick, DVM; Companion Animal Clinic, Blacksburg, VA (general practice)
- Mike Lappin, DVM; The Animal House, Buzzards Bay, MA (general practice)
- Monique Mora, CVT; Colorado Veterinary Specialists and Animal ER, Littleton, CO (referral/ emergency practice)
- Renee Humphries; Hillside Veterinary Clinic, Dallas, TX (hospital administrator)
- Robin Downing, DVM, MS, DAAPM, DACVSMR, CVPP, CCRP; The Downing Center for Animal Pain Management, Windsor, CO (pain management)
- Stephanie Lantry, DVM; Animal Medical Center of Gulf Gate, Sarasota, FL (general practice)
- Tim Stein, DVM, PhD, DACVIM; Austin Veterinary Emergency & Specialty, Austin, TX (oncology)
- Timothy Lynch, DVM, DACVS, DACVSMR; Peterson & Smith Equine Hospital, Ocala, FL (surgery/sports medicine)
About Morris Animal Foundation
Morris Animal Foundation is a global leader in funding scientific studies that advance the health of companion animals and wildlife. Since its founding in 1948, the Foundation has invested more than $103 million toward 2,500 studies that have led to significant breakthroughs in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases to benefit animals worldwide. Learn more at Morris Animal Foundation.