Dog Health Info Center
Dogs offer unconditional love, loyalty and companionship. Like humans, though, dogs are susceptible to a wide range of illnesses. Because many diseases can be managed well if caught early, routine preventive care is critical to keeping your dog healthy.
The Dog Health Info Center is here to help you learn more about the diseases that affect dogs—and how to spot signs of trouble.
- Health Warning Signs
- Current Morris Animal Foundation–funded Canine Health Research
- Morris Animal Foundation–funded Clinical Trials
- Disease Resource Center
Other Health Resources
Our focus at Morris Animal Foundation is to fund canine research and let dog lovers know about breakthroughs resulting from that research. The following resources can provide you with additional information about giving your dog the best care possible.
- AAHA-AVMA Canine Preventive Healthcare Guidelines
- AAHA Canine Vaccine Guidelines
- AAHA Dental Care Guidelines for Dogs and Cats
- AAHA Nutritional Assessment Guidelines for Dogs and Cats
- AAHA Senior Care Guidelines for Dogs and Cats
- AAHA/AAFP Pain Management Guidelines for Dogs and Cats
As always, check with your veterinarian and other local organizations (shelters, humane society, etc.) about resources that may be available in your area.