Morris Animal Foundation Celebrates Anniversary with Matching Gift
Morris Animal Foundation would like to thank our loyal donors for your generous donations! Because of you, we surpassed the goal we set for our 65th Anniversary Matching Gift Challenge. Thousands of animal lovers across the country dug deep and gave generously to put us over the top, ensuring we received a $65,000 matching gift.
Donations from this campaign will help support more than 250 innovative animal studies aimed to improve animal health. With Foundation funding, scientists hope to:
- Evaluate a new strategy that may significantly improve the odds for dogs with lymphoma
- Test a novel drug for preventing the most deadly and painful oral cancer affecting cats
- Study stem-cell therapies for equine tendonitis
- Provide dosing recommendations for a long-acting antibiotic in red-tailed hawks and ways to decrease handling stress for this species
- Determine how dietary interventions can reduce cancer risk in dogs
- Reduce the adverse effects of a drug commonly used to calm and alleviate pain in cats
- Understand the causes of reproductive disease in southern stingrays
- Improve the safety and effectiveness of a drug that prevents blood clots in cats with heart disease
- Evaluate lidocaine’s effectiveness in reducing inflammation in horses that undergo colic surgery
- Test a new strategy for relieving postsurgical pain in neutered dogs
As if this weren't exciting enough, our yearlong anniversary celebration will culminate in October with our inaugural Morris Animal Foundation Gala of Hope—An Evening with Betty White. Not only will this special event celebrate our 65-year history as a global leader in animal health science, but it will also honor Betty White, for her 42 years as a Foundation trustee and supporter.
The evening will be held at the illustrious Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey on October 19, 2013, and will include dinner, music, silent and live auctions and an evening filled with fun and friends.
Tickets are still available and everyone who loves Betty and animals are encouraged to attend.
Categories: Animal studies, Betty White, Donate